Taking photos when travelling is a must because then you can remember of every places you visit and what memory you made back then. However, it is not easy to take album-worthy photos especially when you are not photography major or experts.
Some travellers even like collecting their travel photos to special album so that they can share it with families and friends and tell them the story behind every photo. If you aim to do the same, it is important to take good photos and not only a photo of your selfie.
There are some points you can take into consideration when taking photos which are album-worthy.
How to take album-worthy photos when travelling
You don’t have to be a photography expert to be able to take album-worthy photos. When you travel often, you will learn how to take the best shots eventually. You will know exactly which angle which can make the photos look outstanding and deliver the message behind the pictures.
To help you take high-quality photos which are also album-worthy, here are some useful tips to try:
- It is highly recommended to fill the frame when you take a picture. You can take a closer step or two to fill your frame with the subject. For example, you shouldn’t include other skiers when taking a picture of your skiing friends. Make sure to wipe out other skiers from the background and focus on your friends instead.
- You need to take pictures to another level and out of your mediocre skill. Instead of putting the frame right in the middle, you can position the subject a little off the centre of the picture. This way, your photos will turn out far from boring. You can also experiment by taking different angles and see which one looks the best to save in your gallery. You can also try to place the subject away from the centre to make the picture looks more dynamic.
- Make sure to choose the right moment to take pictures. One of the most important factors in taking high-quality photos is lighting. The best time to take pictures during travelling is in the first or last few hours of sunlight. It is often that you take many pictures yet can’t find any good one of them no matter what angles you try. The problem could be the lighting. Thus, make sure to watch the light if you aim for album-worthy photos.
- If you travel with others, it is great idea to trade cameras. You can trade cameras half of the trip so that you and others get candid shots of yourself. Imagine how disappointed you are when you realise your photos include everyone else. Trading cameras during vacation with your friends is great idea to try.
- Before taking shots of the subject such as museum, tower, or monument, you need to take a picture of the signage. Thus, you will be able to identify every vacation photo and point out important information behind the subject.
If one day you need to experience the beautiful honeymoon in Bali, make sure to also read about this 3 romantic and affordable destination in Bali for honeymoon. There are great spot to get your album-worthy photos while travelling.