Flores, Indonesia has many things to offer. Started from distinctive cultures to raw beauty of wildlife, you can enjoy your vacation to the max. If you are looking for travel destination where everything looks beautiful and stunning but without too much crowds of tourist then Flores is the right choice. Flores is located in East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia. The access to reach the place is easy. During your time in Flores, you can either choose air travel or land travel to explore the island and the surroundings. Caves, lakes, traditional villages are there and ready to be explored by those who seek for thrill, adventure, and fun.
Things to do to enjoy Flores to the max
If you are looking for non-mediocre holiday, Flores is the perfect place to go. You can go solo or in group of friends or families. In Flores, you can enjoy unique festivals, unusual ritual, stunning nature, and friendly locals. Here are most recommended things to do when you are in Flores for holiday:
- Swimming at Rangko cave. Instead of swimming at the beach, you can go swimming at natural pool with cold and clear water containing large amount of salt at Rangko cave. This is a fun way to have healthy bath. You will also find stalactites, stalagmites, and hidden fossils around the cave walls. Enjoy your time relaxing in the natural pool while looking at natural arts decorated the cave wall.
- Enjoying beautiful view of Spider web rice fields at Golo Cara village. This may be the only place where you can see rice field in unique shape. According to the locals, it is not made that way for viewing pleasure. It is made based on the status of the owner of the rice field. The larger the family, the larger the portion of the rice fields given. As the result, it looks like a spider web due to different portions.
- Watching sunset with the company of hundreds flying bats at Kalong Island. There is mangrove forest at Kalong Island where you can enjoy watching sunset while watching thousands bats flying in the sky. Sunset is the time when bats flying out from the forest. The view of sunset and flying bats makes everything looks more dramatic and stunning.
- Meeting roaming giant lizards at Komodo National Park. This is the highlight when you visit Flores. This modern version of Jurassic Park is where you can meet Komodo, extinct monstrous creatures. The modern dinosaurs are dangerous yet beautiful. You are not allowed to be too close with them. Aside from the Komodo, the thing to enjoy is the stunning view of the surroundings.
- Canoeing through the rainforest at Cunca Wulang Waterfall. This is also where you can discover beautiful waterfall flowing stunningly. While canoeing through the rainforest, you can stop by at the water fall and soaking in natural pool to relax your body. The sound of chirping birds and breezing trees can make you feel at ease and peace.