For those who travel frequently must have been familiar with red eye flight. It has been pretty common in travel world. Red eye flight is a flight that leaves in the evening or night and arrives at the destination during the day (mostly morning).
Basically, it is a flight you take when you are supposed to be sleeping peacefully. However, you take that chance to take a flight instead so that you can start your journey at your destination without spending more time to rest.
However, red eye flight isn’t always available for every route either. It is the most common for longer flights that takes four or more hours to arrive at the destination such as from New York to Europe.
Benefits you get from taking red eye flight
Red eye flight has become more popular and many travellers take this flight instead of regular one. Of course, there are pros and cons of taking red eye flights. It is also a matter of personal option.
There is no rule saying that you should take red eye flight if your destination requires a long haul journey. However, you must be wondering what benefits you can get if you take red eye flight for your next trip.
- One of the most popular benefits of red eye flight is that it’s cheaper than regular daytime departures. It can be less than a half of the rates. Lots of budget travellers use this chance to save their money. It allows budget travellers to supplement travel expenses.
- Another benefit is you will most likely have extra seat to sleep on. Late night flights often fly in more vacant seats available. Thus, you will have more space to sleep and rest better. you can lie down without being afraid of disturbing other passengers. Of course, it is not always happen but the chance is higher than when you take mid-day flights.
- Next benefit you can get from taking red eye flight is faster check-in. Along with fewer flights, fewer passenger taking the flights. Thus, you can avoid the inconvenience of having a long line for checking-in. You can go faster from counters to departures gates without dealing with the tiring queue or uncomfortable crowd.
- Red eye flight also saves your hotel accommodation. When you take late night flight, you kill two birds with one stone. The airplane becomes your transport as well as accommodation channel. Thus, you can save a night’s worth of bill. Of course it is not ideal way to sleep and rest. However, you can count it as a win when you can save your money and use it for more important things later.
- Another benefit travellers get from taking red eye flight is that your daytime schedule will be untouched. Since you will most likely arrive in the morning at your destination, you can have enough time to get the most of it and start your travel itinerary. You have already had time to sleep during your late night flight anyway.