If you know Indonesia as Bali or Jakarta only then you need to reconsider the thought. Indonesia has Bandung as one of the most popular travel destinations. This is even preferred as travel destination than Jakarta since the place has cool temperature, hilly places, as well as local foods worth to try. One of the most attractions in Bandung is its cheap clothing outlet store. This is also why Bandung is dubbed as Paris van Java. This is a place where you can find the latest fashion trend. Bandung i dominated by Sundanese culture. For those who seek for romantic and peaceful travel, Bandung is a great destination to visit.
What you can do while travelling in Bandung
There are many places you can do while travelling in Bandung, Indonesia. The diversity of culture is intriguing. The people are also kind and always welcome visitors both from different region or country. Here is what you can do when you travel to Bandung:
- Learning more about Sundanese culture by watching angklung performance. You can visit Saung Angklung Udjo to watch impressive and interactive performance. Most performance is expressed musically using musical instrument called angklung. It is made of bamboo and you can even try to play it. The performers not only perform local music but also worldwide music such as pop. The performance is always along with dance performance as well.
- Bandung is home to volcano called Tangkuban Parahu. It is located 15 miles north of Bandung city center. There is Kawah Ratu, the biggest crater in the volcano. For your information, the volcano is still active until today. The last eruption was in 2015. This volcano is one of the most visited travel destinations in Bandung. Visitors can also go trekking this volcano.
- Kawah Putih or White Crater is a must-visit when you come to Bandung. It is located in the south side of Bandung. Even though the name is ‘white’, the original color of the ash around the crater like is more of blue-greenish. Though the water looks so inviting, it is not for swimming activities. It is recommended to wear a mask when you enter the location since the smell of sulfur is quite strong. However, the view is satisfying.
- If you travel with family, it is recommended to visit Dusun Bambu family Leisure Park. This place is built in 15 hectare. You can enjoy various foods at Cafe Burangrang while enjoying the scenic view of Burangrang Mountain. Aside from cafe and restaurant, there are also playground, garden, villa, and souvenir shop in this park.
- As mentioned above that Bandung is famous for its fashion outlet store. You can get yourself great deals on branded clothing which can be spotted in every outlet store around the city. For your recommendation, you can go hunting for cheap branded clothing in main streets such as Jalan Riau, Jalan Setiabudi and Jalan Juanda. It is recommended not to go for factory outlet hunting on weekend since it is the busiest time.